Towards Humane AI
The Research Priority Area (RPA) Human(e) AI at the University of Amsterdam synthesises ongoing work and stimulates new research at the UvA on the societal consequences of the rapid development of artificial intelligence (AI) and automated decision-making (ADM) in a wide variety of societal areas.
The goal of the RPA is to enable Humane AI. To do so, the RPA envisions a set of ambitious and innovative activities along three main pillars:
- Be a hub for knowledge production and discussion
- Develop innovative research
- Closely cooperate and share knowledge with societal partners
The RPA will focus initially on case studies in the area of automated decision-making along three thematic foci:
- Re-organising Processes and Players
- Fundamental Rights, Public Values and Ethical Norms
- Methodological, Legal and Ethical Challenges and Opportunities for AI Research
Call for Proposals
Due date for applications: June 15, 2019
Read more about the seed grant program aimed at fostering collaboration to investigate the societal implications of AI.
Read and apply here